Afriglobal Medicare Limited. RT-PCR Covid Testing Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) for the providing of novel coronavirus a/k/a SARS-Cov-2 (“RT-PCR Covid”) testing services govern the provision of such services by Afriglobal Medicare, and its affiliates, partners, members, employees, and contractors (collectively “Afriglobal Medicare”) to the individual being tested (“Participant”).
- These Terms, along with the specific acknowledgments made by Participant as part of the registration process for RT-PCR Covid testing (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral.
- These terms and conditions are applicable under the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Afriglobal Medicare shall provide RT-PCR Covid testing services (“Testing Services”) to the Participant in accordance with these Terms. These Testing Services are to determine whether the Participant tests positive or negative for the presence of the RT-PCR Covid novel coronavirus as of the time of testing. No other test results or information are expected to be determined or provided.
- Performance Dates.
- Participant acknowledges that there is presently high demand for RT-PCR Covid novel coronavirus testing. The time between when a Participant is tested and when the Participant’s results become available may be unpredictable. Afriglobal Medicare makes no representations as to a specific time when results may become available. Additional testing may be required depending on the results of the test. TAT is subject to receipt of sample at the specimen laboratory.
It is advisable to follow the following result availability guideline:
Mondays to Fridays: 24 – 48 Hours
Saturdays : 72 Hours
TAT: 48 hours
- Cooperate with Afriglobal Medicare in all matters relating to the Testing Services and provide such access to Participant’s physical health, records, and such medical information as may reasonably be requested or required by Afriglobal Medicare for the purposes of performing the Testing Services.
- Accurately complete all necessary portions of Participant’s online profile, including providing answers to health questions, medical information, and exposure history.
- Respond promptly to any Afriglobal Medicare request to provide information, approvals, authorizations, or decisions that are reasonably necessary for Afriglobal Medicare to perform Testing Services in accordance with the requirements of this Agreement.
- Provide such Participant materials or information as Afriglobal Medicare may reasonably request to carry out the Testing Services in a timely manner. Participant shall ensure that such Participant materials or information are complete and accurate in all material respects.
- PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ACCURATE PROCESSING OF PARTICIPANT RT-PCR Covid TESTING IS CONTINGENT ON PROVIDING FULL, COMPLETE, AND ACCURATE MEDICAL INFORMATION TO AFRIGLOBAL MEDICARE.
- All of Participant’s personal and medical information shall be kept private and secure, and in compliance with the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR).
- Afriglobal Medicare represents and warrants that with respect to all protected health information, that it shall protect the privacy, integrity, security, confidentiality, and availability of the protected health information disclosed to, used by, or exchanged by the parties.
- Potential Disclosure to Participant’s Employer.
Some Participants will be receiving the Testing Services provided under this Agreement as required and paid for by Participant’s employer. If Testing Services are paid for and provided through Participant’s employer, Participant understands and acknowledges that Participant’s employer shall receive the results of Participant’s RT-PCR Covid test, regardless of whether Participant tests positive, negative, or inconclusive. Participant understands, acknowledges, and agrees to the providing of the necessary personal and medical information to Participant’s employer if necessary, under this , as well his/her employer’s use of that information within applicable privacy laws. Afriglobal Medicare shall not be liable for the employer’s use or misuse of any data, testing results, personal or medical information, or any other information provided as a result of the Testing Services. Participant expressly agrees to waive any applicable law protections relating to the results of the Testing Services to the extent necessary to fulfill this .
- Disclosure to Federal and State Governments.
Federal and State governments are requiring, by way of mandate, the disclosure of all test results (whether positive, negative, or inconclusive) from RT-PCR Covid testing. Participant understands, acknowledges, and agrees that the results of Participant’s COVID19 test administered under this Agreement shall be permitted to be disclosed to the applicable Federal and State governments as required by mandate and/or law. Afriglobal Medicare shall not be liable for the applicable Federal and State governments’ use or misuse of any data, testing results, personal or medical information, or any other information provided as a result of the Testing Services. Participant expressly agrees to waive any applicable laws protection only to the extent necessary to fulfill this .
- Assumption of Risk and Acknowledgement of Testing Procedure Discomfort.
The RT-PCR Covid testing procedure is a medical procedure and therefore may involve some degree of discomfort, invasiveness, distress, dissatisfaction, and/or other negative reaction. Participant expressly understands, acknowledges, and accepts that he/she may experience discomfort, invasiveness, distress, and/or other negative reaction as a result of receiving Testing Services under this Agreement. Participant further expressly understands, acknowledges, and accepts that this discomfort, invasiveness, distress, and/or other negative reaction is inherent to the testing process and not a result of any misuse of the testing materials by Afriglobal Medicare. Participant agrees that Afriglobal Medicare cannot be held liable for any discomfort, invasiveness, distress, and/or other negative reaction experienced by Participant as a part of or result of the Testing Services. Nothing in this Agreement shall serve to except Afriglobal Medicare and its partners, affiliates, assigns, employees, contractors, and other related parties from liability for gross negligence, intentional torts, or other liability un-waivable by law.
- Ownership of Intellectual Property, Confidential Information, and Data.
Participant acknowledges and agrees that Afriglobal Medicare shall hold the right and title to any intellectual property rights in and to the results of the Testing Services, in a de-identified form, including any derivative works or information created from or with the results of the Testing Services.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
- EXCEPT for the representations and warranties expressly set forth in this agreement, Afriglobal Medicare makes no representation or warranty whatsoever with respect to the testing services, including
- regarding the use or misuse of participant information provided under s 7 and 8 , above; and
- accuracy of RT-PCR Covid testing results resulting from incomplete or inaccurate participant information or performance.
- Limitation of Liability.
Afriglobal Medicare is committed to timely service delivery, within the stated Turn Around Time (TAT). In the event of a delay beyond her control, kindly note that we shall only be liable to the extent of the amount paid for the RT-PCR Covid test.
In no event shall Afriglobal Medicare be liable to participant or to any third party for any loss of use, employment matters, pain and suffering, distress, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, exemplary, special, or punitive damages whether arising out of breach of contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise. Participant acknowledges that, while reasonable precautions are taken by Afriglobal Medicare to avoid any transmission or exposure, there is a possibility of potential exposure during testing, and Participant is knowingly consenting to this test subject to this risk.
- Contact in Event of Question, Concern, or Follow-Up.
Should Participant have the need to follow up with Afriglobal Medicare for any reason, Participant should call Afriglobal Medicare at 08139841355, 016291000, 016290998, or email email@example.com
- Refund Policy
Payments made on this platform for RT-PCR Covid tests may be refunded subject to the following conditions:
- Where cancellation of test occurs at least 48 hours before the test date, full refund will be processed,
- Where cancellation of test occurs within 48 hours of test date, 50% of the paid amount shall be refunded,
- Where the client/patient fails to show up at the designated place and at the appointed time for the test, 50% of the amount paid shall be refunded.
- You may choose to reschedule your appointment to another day or timeslot depending on availability.
Kindly note that refunds are subject to our discretion. To request for a refund please do so in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All refunds will be processed within 24 – 48 h.
13. Acknowledgement, Consent and Acceptance
I understand, acknowledge, and accept that I may experience discomfort or other negative reaction as a part of or result of the testing procedure. This discomfort or other negative reaction is inherent to the testing process.
I understand, acknowledge, and accept that my employer is entitled to receive my test results, whether the result is positive, negative, or inconclusive. (where applicable).
I understand, acknowledge, and accept that the testing provided is required to disclose test results to state, and/or federal health departments pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
Afriglobal Medicare is committed to ensuring the privacy and integrity of information submitted by users of our website. All information of a personal nature submitted or provided by users will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to any person without express consent of the user concerned but always subject to the following:
1. Disclosure of any information provided or submitted by a user will only be allowed to be made where:
- Such information is in the public domain; or
- Afriglobal Medicare is obliged in terms of any law, order of court, legal process or other lawful reason to disclose such information.
2. Personal information may be disclosed to Afriglobal Medicare’ vendors, suppliers and marketing agents where this information is necessary for them to evaluate and enhance the product and services offered on this website.
3. Afriglobal Medicare may disclose certain personal information of users such as names and e-mail addresses to affiliated service providers for purposes of distributing promotional materials, surveys and questionnaires or other information or material for which a user has specifically indicated its willingness to receive.
4. Afriglobal Medicare may provide general information to third parties which do not contain particular personal information of users such as their names and addresses, and which is intended to be used solely for compiling statistical or demographic information or otherwise.
5. Afriglobal Medicare does not and cannot control the confidentiality, access to or dissemination of information which is retrieved through the use of “cookies” or information retrieved through the collecting and storing of IP addresses of visitors to this website. A “cookie” is a computer file, which is transferred automatically from our website to a user’s computer during an online session which enable Afriglobal Medicare and its sponsors and advertisers to customize webpage content and to gather general information on the use and frequency of the user traffic. An IP address is an address assigned to your computer or server identifying it when conducting Internet activity.